Like many functioning systems in your home, chimneys need periodic maintenance and repair. A moist or leaking chimney is one obvious sign that it is in need of attention. Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Marietta, Georgia sees their fair share of chimneys in need of repair over the spring months.
5 Good Reasons Your Chimney May Be Leaking
When you first notice moisture and/or a leak the best thing you can do is contact a professional for repairs before the damage gets worse. Staying on top of your chimney maintenance will save you money in the long run.
If and when the time comes, do your research and hire a reputable professional chimney sweep to inspect and repair your chimney. Advanced Chimney Sweeps have been serving the homeowners of Marietta Georgia with superior service for 25 years.
Don't let spring showers get you down, contact a professional to help care for your chimney.
- It doesn't have a cap. Not only will a chimney cap prevent water from getting in, it will also keep animals and other nuisances out.
- You have a prefab fireplace with a damaged rain pan. Rain pans are located at the top of a prefab fireplace. Because they are made of metal, they will eventually rust or get a hole in them.
- Your chimney crown is damaged. Masonry chimney covers are designed to channel moisture away but the material can break down and allow moisture in if not properly maintained with a sealant.
- The flashing around your chimney is damaged. Loose, missing or damaged flashing is a common cause for fireplace leaks. Damaged portions can be repaired or replaced with high quality flashing and sealant.
- Your masonry chimney has loose, cracked or chipped bricks. Minor cracks and mortar joints can be repaired and sealed with a professional quality water repellant.
Posted in: Chimney Inspection Marietta, chimney leak atlanta