As the summer draws to a close homeowners will inevitably turn their attention to preparations for cooler weather. One of the important items to add to the fall home to do list is preparing your chimney and fireplace for fire burning season.
Maintaining and properly operating your fireplace, stove or insert can ensure for a safe wood burning season for you and your home.
Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Marietta Georgia have been servicing the Atlanta area for over 25 years. They strive to provide excellent customer service and quality work backed by a no mess guarantee. Contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps and get a free estimate for your annual cleaning and inspection service this fall.
- First, choose seasoned wood for your fireplace and stock up.
- Next, inspect and clean the chimney if necessary. Homeowners can perform a visual inspection of the gaskets and door seals of their appliance but it is recommnded by the National Fireplace Institute to have an annual inspection and cleaning of your chimney by a certified sweep to be sure that it clear of obstructions and to look for signs of creosote build up.
- To keep debris and unwanted animals out make sure you have a chimney cap.
- Check the batteries on your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Clear clutter, furniture, knick knacks, and any flammable materials away from your fireplace or appliance; at least three feet from your fire.
- Find a reputable and trusted chimney sweep in your area to service your chimney annually.
Posted in: Chimney Inspection Marietta, Chimney Sweeps Georgia