Don't want to deal with the hassle of toying with your thermostat; burn a fire in your fireplace instead! Burning a fire in your fireplace is an excellent way to keep you and your whole family warm for these upcoming winter months. To burn the most efficient, safe, and a warm fire, Advanced Chimney Sweeps, has compiled a few tips to keep in mind when starting your fireplace fire.
- Burn seasoned firewood. Painted wood, plastic wood, plywood, and treated wood can produce hazards chemicals, which can affect your health and the condition of your fireplace.
- Don't forget to split your firewood. Cutting firewood helps it dry faster and burn more efficiently.
- Make sure you get your chimney inspected at least once a year, You want to ensure there are no blockages in your chimney which can be a fire hazard that may compromise your house.
- Sore your wood in a dry, circulated environment to protect the quality of your firewood.
- Make sure your wood is cured before using it. You want to avoid problems like moldy firewood.
What We Offer
Advanced Chimney is a full license and full serviced company that provides a variety of services including chimney sweeping, chimney and fireplace inspections, chimney repairs, prevention of creosote build up and the replacement of chimney caps. We offer a range of services to help you maintain an efficient chimney. Contact us today for your fireplace and chimney needs.
Advanced Chimney Sweeps is located in Marietta, Georgia, allowing us to quickly service the entire North Atlanta metro area. We provide service for Cherokee, Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb and North Fulton counties. Some of the cities we serve Atlanta, Marietta, Woodstock, Roswell, Alpharetta, Cumming, Acworth, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Duluth, Norcross, Canton, Sandy Spring, Kennesaw, and Dallas.
Posted in: Fireplace Cleaning, Fireplace Tips