Monday, June 18th, 2018
Keeping your home, family, and belongings safe is important to most people. Every year, thousands of people are affected by fires and carbon monoxide poisoning in their own homes. Some of these events may be avoided with a simple chimney inspection. A chimney inspection is considered a preventive measure. Whether you use your fireplace regularly, a chimney inspection can help avoid disasters and ensure your chimney is functioning properly.
Adavanced Chimneys Inc. offers a full range of chimney services. According to The National Fire Protection Association, chimneys and fireplaces should be inspected at least once a year to ensure safe operation and use. At Advanced Chimney Inc., we offer yearly chimney inspections. Our inspections include a full evaluation of the firebox, smoke chamber, flue pipes, and caps. If maintenance or a chimney sweep is needed, we provide a free estimate after your chimney inspection.
- Over time, debris and other hazardous material can accumulate in the chimney, which could lead to a chimney fire or other hazardous gases leaking into the home.
- A buildup of creosote. Creosote is a highly flammable material that is one of the leading causes of chimney fires. Creosote buildup accumulates naturally in the chimney, so it is imperative that you get it removed regularly.
- If your chimney is not used regularly, pest and birds may make their way into your chimney. Animals may choose to nest in your chimney, leaving behind nests, debris, and dirt.
- Water damage. Even your chimney can sustain water damage. It is important to check the chimney regularly for water damage, especially if your chimney is hardly used.
Schedule A Chimney Inspection
If you haven't had your chimney inspected in a few years, it may be time to schedule an appointment. Adavnced Chimneys Inc. is a full-service chimney sweeping company located in Marietta, Georgia. We are fully licensed and insured to provide you with the chimney services you need. To learn more, contact Advanced Chimneys Inc.
Posted in: Acworth Chimney Inspection
Tuesday, May 29th, 2018
Maintaining a safe, functional chimney all year round is important for any homeowner. The seasons can be tough on your chimney so it is important that homeowners take action to keep their chimney safe from the weather conditions. Exposure to conditions like wind, humidity, and rain can impact the way your chimney functions and looks. One of the most common conditions that homeowners will experience in the spring is rain (moisture). Exposure to moisture, especially for long periods of time, can result in chimney damage.
Common Chimney Problems
- Leaking: A leaking chimney is not conducive to a warm, comfortable fire. If you notice a draft or a leak in the chimney, you should contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps. Our team at Advanced Chimney Sweeps can carefully inspect your chimney for any signs of damage and offer a treatment plan to restore your chimney.
- Rust: When the chimney is constantly exposed to moisture that does not dry properly, it may lead to rust. Rust can occur on any metal surfaces in or around your chimney. Rust may be present in the chimney flue or firebox, so be sure to check those places when looking for rust.
- Creosote Buildup: Creosote buildup can occur when the chimney is overexposed to moisture. Creosote can affect the safety of you and your home. Creosote is one of the leading causes of chimney fires. It is important that creosote is properly removed from the chimney flue. Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Atlanta, GA offer effective solutions to remove creosote from an affected chimney.
Find A Chimney Sweep in Atlanta, GA
Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Atlanta, GA offers a full range of Chimney Sweep services. We offer complete services for chimney repair and cleaning, including chimney sweeping, chimney and fireplace inspections, chimney repairs, prevention of creosote build up and the replacement of old rusted chimney caps. To learn about our Services at Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Atlanta, GA, call 770.884.6475 or schedule your service online.
Posted in: Chimney Inspection, Weather and Chimney Maintenece
Thursday, April 12th, 2018
When you are cozied up next to your fireplace, the last thing you want is a drafty chimney. The best way to avoid a drafty chimney is through regular preventive, maintenance on your chimney. Scheduling once a year preventive maintenance can save you time, money, and discomfort in the future. At Advanced Chimney Sweeps in Atlanta, GA, we offer fireplace and chimney inspections. We will send one of our highly trained techniques to carefully examine your chimney and fireplace to determine if it is safe to operate and we may recommend any service you may need to ensure your chimney and fireplace are functional.
Advanced Chimney Sweeps is a CSIA CERTIFIED CHIMNEY SWEEP COMPANY with nearly 25 years of experience. We are committed to helping each of our clients solve any issues involving their chimney or fireplace. One of the most common issues is a drafty fireplace or chimney. Below we have listed some of the most common causes of fireplace and chimney draft.
Our certified technicians are trained to spot any issues with concerning your chimney or fireplace. If you are experiencing a draft in your chimney or fireplace, contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps.
- Clogged or blocked chimney. Regular chimney sweeps can minimize your chance of developing a blocked chimney. We offer professional chimney sweeping in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The size of your chimney.
- Improperly sealed chimney or restricted air flow.
Free Chimney Repair Estimate
Contact us today for a free chimney repair estimate 770.884.6475 or REQUEST AN ESTIMATE ONLINE.
Posted in: Chimney fire safety, Drafty Chimney
Monday, February 19th, 2018
All fireplaces need some upkeep, even your gas fireplace. Keeping your gas fireplace in pristine condition can help you avoid issues in the future. Maintaining gas fireplace is less of a hassle than maintaining a traditional fireplace. However, homeowners should still take the necessary steps to keep their fireplace efficient and functional. At Advanced Chimney Sweeps in Atlanta, GA, we offer a full range of services to help keep your chimney functional, safe, and clean. We work with homeowners all around the Atlanta area to get them the fast and excellent service they need. Contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps to receive your free telephone or email estimates.
Maintaining Your Gas Fireplace
Like most areas in your home, it is important that you keep your gas fireplace clean. Whether you use your gas fireplace every day or once a year, keeping it clean is important to the function of your gas fireplace and the safety of your home. You should clean your gas fireplace at least once a month, and during that time, you should check for any damage or discrepancies in your foundation. Clean any dirt or buildup using a soft cloth. You also want to check for cracks, fractures, or dents on the doorway of your gas fireplace. Chips or fractures can be hazardous in the future if they are not properly addressed.
Chimney Sweeping in Atalanta, GA
Cleaning your gas fireplace is equally as important as having your chimney swept regularly. Most experts recommend sweeping your chimney once a year. At Advanced Chimney Sweeps we offer yearly inspections for your chimney. During your chimney inspection, our technicians will let you know if the fire box, smoke chamber, flue pipes and caps need to be replaced. We thoroughly check for damages and we also offer a detailed analysis of any services you may need to improve your chimney.
Don't wait until you are faced with a potentially hazardous situation, contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps for your needs today. Contact us today for your free estimate.
Posted in: fireplace safety, Gas fireplace
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Chimney maintenance is an important part of ensuring the safety of your home and your family. Chimney maintenance is necessary to the function of your chimney to ensure it is operating effectively and safely. Without regular chimney maintenance, you may be putting you and your family at risks for carbon monoxide poisoning, chimney fires, and health issues. Contact Advanced Chimney Sweep in Atlanta, GA to schedule a routine chimney maintenance visit.
Having your chimney inspected once a year allows our technicians to provide the appropriate services needed to improve the quality of your chimney. Over time, creosote can develop in your chimney. Creosote occurs when the oils in the wood don't burn out complete, causing a cloud of smoke to develop that mixes with the chemicals and water in the chimney which leads to the development of creosote. It is normal for creosote to develop but when it isn't properly removed, it can lead to complications. Creosote can lead to restricted airflow, which can lead to an increased risk of creosote buildup. If creosote is not removed, it can be dangerous to your health and your home. Creosote exposure can lead to skin irritation, respiratory problems, and other health concerns. It should be noted that creosote is one of the most common reasons for chimney fires. Taking preventive measures to ensure the safety of your home and health should be an important issue to all homeowners.
Schedule Chimney Maintenance
The National Fire Protection Association recommends chimneys be inspected at least once a year. During the inspection, one of our highly trained technicians will inspect the inside and outside of your chimney and fireplace. If chimney maintenance is necessary, we will provide you with a free estimate of the services needed to address any issues with your chimney or fireplace.
Posted in: Chimney Inspection Marietta
Friday, December 22nd, 2017
As the weather gets colder, it is important to make sure your home is properly heated and insulated. Now is the perfect time to set up an appointment with Advanced Chimney Sweeps, Inc to ensure your heating system is running safely and efficiently. One of the most dangerous effects of heating systems malfunctions is carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide can wreak havoc in the home, causing symptoms like nausea, headache, discomfort and in more advanced cases, death. You want to make sure that there is the appropriate amount of airflow flowing in and out of your chimney. When hazards like creosote, small animals, and debris get stuck in your chimney, it prevents your chimney from functioning properly, which may prove hazardous in the future. A blocked chimney many require you and your family to breathe in the toxic gas or may even cause a chimney fire.
Chimney issues are avoidable through regular chimney sweeps and proper maintenance. Your safety is important to our team at Advanced Chimney Sweeps, Inc, so we work with you to get you the tools you need to stay safe and warm this winter.
Don't wait until it is too late before you schedule a chimney inspection. Our inspection includes a detailed analysis of your fire box, smoke chamber, flue pipes and caps to ensure they are in good working conditions. Our team will also inform you if a chimney sweep or maintenance is needed. Our goal is to provide safe, functional, and reliable chimneys. With over 25 years of service, Advanced Chimney Sweeps, Inc is dedicated to helping our clients all over the North Atlanta Metro region get the help they need. We provide free estimates and work with you to get you the service you need. Schedule an appointment with Advanced Chimneys Sweeps, Inc.
Posted in: Chimney fire safety
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017
When was the last time you've had your chimney cleaned?
Chimney sweeping is a vital part of maintaining a functional, safe chimney. We recommend you get your chimney swept at least once a year to ensure it is safe and operational. Cleaning your chimney offers a range of benefits that allow your fires to burn naturally. At Advanced Chimney Inc., we offer chimney sweeping, chimney and fireplace inspection, and chimney repair for customers in need. We work with each client to deliver the superior customer service and provide a no-mess guarantee. Contact Advanced Chimneys Inc in Roswell, GA for your quote today!
Reasons To Sweep Your Chimney
Sweeping your chimney not only allows for your fire to burn safely, but it can also improve the quality of your fire. Taking the necessary steps to ensure your chimney isn't causing any damage to your home or health is essential to chimney maintenance.
Now that you know the risk don't wait until it is too late to get your chimney cleaned. Cleaning your chimney is vital to your health and safety. Calling a certified professional to sweep your chimney can save you time, money, and a hassle in the future. Contact Advanced Chimneys Inc. for all your chimney services.
- Safety: When the chimney is used, it can produce creosote, a material that forms naturally during chimney use. Creosote can contribute to chimney fire if not properly removed. Cleaning your chimney regularly can remove creosote and minimize your chance of a developing a chimney fire.
- Health Hazzard: When the chimney is blocked, carbon monoxide can potentially leak into the home, causing symptoms like dizziness, headaches, fatigue, and possibly death. Also, the soot from your chimney can make its way into the home, causing respiratory issues. Scheduling a chimney sweep at least once a year allows our team to remove any blockage and ensure your chimney is cleaned properly.
Posted in: Acworth Chimney Sweeps, Chimney fire safety
Tuesday, October 31st, 2017
Don't want to deal with the hassle of toying with your thermostat; burn a fire in your fireplace instead! Burning a fire in your fireplace is an excellent way to keep you and your whole family warm for these upcoming winter months. To burn the most efficient, safe, and a warm fire, Advanced Chimney Sweeps, has compiled a few tips to keep in mind when starting your fireplace fire.
- Burn seasoned firewood. Painted wood, plastic wood, plywood, and treated wood can produce hazards chemicals, which can affect your health and the condition of your fireplace.
- Don't forget to split your firewood. Cutting firewood helps it dry faster and burn more efficiently.
- Make sure you get your chimney inspected at least once a year, You want to ensure there are no blockages in your chimney which can be a fire hazard that may compromise your house.
- Sore your wood in a dry, circulated environment to protect the quality of your firewood.
- Make sure your wood is cured before using it. You want to avoid problems like moldy firewood.
What We Offer
Advanced Chimney is a full license and full serviced company that provides a variety of services including chimney sweeping, chimney and fireplace inspections, chimney repairs, prevention of creosote build up and the replacement of chimney caps. We offer a range of services to help you maintain an efficient chimney. Contact us today for your fireplace and chimney needs.
Advanced Chimney Sweeps is located in Marietta, Georgia, allowing us to quickly service the entire North Atlanta metro area. We provide service for Cherokee, Cobb, Gwinnett, Dekalb and North Fulton counties. Some of the cities we serve Atlanta, Marietta, Woodstock, Roswell, Alpharetta, Cumming, Acworth, Smyrna, Dunwoody, Duluth, Norcross, Canton, Sandy Spring, Kennesaw, and Dallas.
Posted in: Fireplace Cleaning, Fireplace Tips
Tuesday, September 19th, 2017
As the summer draws to a close homeowners will inevitably turn their attention to preparations for cooler weather. One of the important items to add to the fall home to do list is preparing your chimney and fireplace for fire burning season.
Maintaining and properly operating your fireplace, stove or insert can ensure for a safe wood burning season for you and your home.
Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Marietta Georgia have been servicing the Atlanta area for over 25 years. They strive to provide excellent customer service and quality work backed by a no mess guarantee. Contact Advanced Chimney Sweeps and get a free estimate for your annual cleaning and inspection service this fall.
- First, choose seasoned wood for your fireplace and stock up.
- Next, inspect and clean the chimney if necessary. Homeowners can perform a visual inspection of the gaskets and door seals of their appliance but it is recommnded by the National Fireplace Institute to have an annual inspection and cleaning of your chimney by a certified sweep to be sure that it clear of obstructions and to look for signs of creosote build up.
- To keep debris and unwanted animals out make sure you have a chimney cap.
- Check the batteries on your smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Clear clutter, furniture, knick knacks, and any flammable materials away from your fireplace or appliance; at least three feet from your fire.
- Find a reputable and trusted chimney sweep in your area to service your chimney annually.
Posted in: Chimney Inspection Marietta, Chimney Sweeps Georgia
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Are your clothes coming out of the dryer damp even though you've run them for a complete cycle? This could be a sign that your dryer vent needs cleaning. Sure, your dryer seems to be working fine but little do you know that the vent piping is clogged with a large build up of lint. Proper maintenance on your home's dryer vent pipe may alleviate concerns for your clothes dryer's drying time and functionality.
Possible Signs of a Clogged Dryer Vent
Your dryer may feel extra hot or may emit a burning smell at the end of a cycle. These may also be indicators of a clogged dryer vent pipe. And as heavier loads of laundry increase in the fall and winter months you will expect your dryer to keep up with the workload. At Advanced Chimney Sweeps of Marietta, Georgia we understand the importance of dryer vent maintenance for your home's overall function and safety.
Why Clean The Dryer Vent?
The lint trap in your dryer only catches some of the lint pile up from your clothes. And as lint increases in your dryer vent pipe, air flow is then prevented from the dryer to the outside vent. Most of these dryer vent pipes can run for short distances inside your home. Inadequate airflow means poor ventilation for your dryer. And unfortunately, this poor ventilation can lead to a house fire. Is estimated 15,500 fires a years are caused by clogged dryer vents.
Proper dryer vent maintenance includes cleaning beyond your lint trap and getting from the dryer to the vent outtake and is best performed by professional. Advanced Chimney Sweeps offers free estimates and a no mess guarantee on their dryer vent cleaning services.
Posted in: Dryer Vent Cleaning Georgia