Advanced Chimney Sweeps are there to meet your every chimney need and have been since 1989. While the importance of getting your chimney cleaned regularly is common knowledge, there are some other areas of maintenance most chimneys can benefit from.
• Consider getting your chimney protected by a chimney cap and rain pan. These can serve to keep rainfall, debris and small animals out of your chimney and help keep your chimney cleaner and uncluttered. Chimney caps and rain pans should be inspected periodically to make sure they are still positioned correctly and doing their job.
• Your chimney should be checked by one of our professionals at least once a year to ensure the integrity of the structure and to make sure there are no underlying problems that may need maintenance work done. This can save a lot of headache down the road.
• Gas logs are a popular option for those who want a cleaner and easier to manage fireplace and chimney. We can help you choose the right gas log and also install it correctly and quickly.
• If smoke seems to be a problem in the house whenever you get a fire going it can be attributed to several different problem areas. While it is commonly a problem with the chimney system itself, other factors such as air pressure in the house and issues with the HVAC system may come in to play as well. Our professionals will be able to diagnose why smoke enters the home when the fireplace is running.
• While many people experience flooding and other water problems with their basement, most don’t realize that poorly sealed chimneys can allow water to seep into the home as well. This can cause very expensive and potentially catastrophic damage to the walls, floors and structure of the home and having your chimney inspected and sealed against potential water damage could save your home against the destructive nature of leaking water.
• While it doesn’t specifically have to do with your chimney, having a properly installed dryer vent is important to allow hot air to exit the house safely. Why not have one of our people help you get your dryer vent installed correctly and safely?